keepthefaithbaby

A Christian reflects on life, news, etc.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

look around you

Have you ever felt you're "running on automatic"? All too often I think I do that. Do what you have to do next, run down that mental or even written list, do what has to be done or what you always do (plan classes, throw a meal together, go to church...) and forget those higher purposes God has for your life! Today a student came to me, looking anemic and weak, to explain why she is behind in assignments and missed class. Over the weekend she had a miscarriage; she hadn't known she was pregnant. Her parents don't know... "The emotional pain is probably greater than the physical pain". I could not say much because of the place we were in... or was it because I'm a coward? But i gave her more time.
Then later in the day I talked to a friend to whom I am not a very good friend. I haven't called in ages. I knew her mom had cancer and she might have. That and her husband maybe having something, and a dozen other things have turned her life upside down. I listened, I responded, but I did not really have "the right words". Should I visit her? She is not sure she believes in God; am I afraid to say he love her even if she doesn't understand what is happening and I don't either?
I learned that another "friend" is recuperating from a minor intervention. Will I make time to visit her, or will I keep running on automatic?
Help me, help us, to truly LOVE, listen, take time to be with people, listen to God's voice as he calls out through people and situations around me/us!

1 Comments:

Blogger thisfool said...

Jesus said "I do what I see the Father do", Jesus spent hours with the Father before moving out.
THIS and only this will make the real difference. We desire to have an impact...without God. We do not say this, but we do not spend hours with Him. Basicly because we know He will confront our sin.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home