keepthefaithbaby

A Christian reflects on life, news, etc.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Aztec cycles: 52 years

2005: My 52nd year
For the Aztecs, time came in cycles of 52 years, and at the end of that cycle the world could end. They had to “light the new fire” to start again.
I can’t say there was any dramatic rebirth for me this 52nd year of my life, though the previous year meant a new identity for me as a grandmother! However, having my two children get married this year meant new identities for them, and for me and Cuco to some extent. It was the final (?) flight from the nest that sets us as a couple off on another stage our lives.
It is a good idea to light a new fire in terms of my aspirations in life, my faith and more.
P.S. I wrote this last year, so now am a year older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home